Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Replicating Creature Stop-motion in Maya

2. Abstract
 
For this report I will be briefly detailing about the evolution of creature stop motion animation till the present day, and also the veterans and enthusiasts who have reshaped this industry into its current form. As for my project I approached the task of recreating the aesthetic of traditional stop motion animation through the means of computer based animation utilising different procedures. Initially, most of the procedures I ventured into did not yield the trademark jerky animation usually associated with stop motion. I have  additionally researched on previous projects by previous students of NCCA who have been inspired by old-school stop motion movies and attempted creating  some form of animation in Maya to resemble stop-motion. For my project it was more practical re-tries then research on achieving the final desired product, but after several attempts I was finally able to get the techniques working in order.