Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Replicating Creature Stop-motion in Maya

6. The Stop-Motion Animation Process

6.5. Integrating the Stop-Motion sequence from Maya onto a live background image

Since I finally found the understanding to replicate traditional stop-motion in Maya, I wanted to try another go at it using the exact strategies and scenarios used for the damsel in distress animation piece. For this new scene I animated the dinosaur attempting to munch off a carcass. But this time I wanted to composite the dinosaur onto a live background. I portrayed it to appear similar to that of a stop-motion animated dinosaur toy on a live action background. After the animation was complete, I did some different render passes, took it to Nuke and composited it over the live background.

                                                 Finally blending the animation on live background image---> Blending the animation onto a live background image.