Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Replicating Creature Stop-motion in Maya

7. Conclusion

I learned a lot from the errors and mistakes I made when animating the rig. Fortunately I was able to rectify these mistakes by following certain guidelines as well reinventing my own which I believe helped me produce animations which bore the visual feel and movement normally found on traditional stop-motion animations. I yearn to further increase this aspect and style of animation by integrating real actors being chased by a stop-motion dinosaur on a live action background to depict the scenes and movies constructed by Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen, or even incorporating my sequence of animations to the clips generated by the great man Harryhausen himself. Another pathway would be to incorporate two characters of which one is animated using the style and strategies illustrated above while the other is animated using traditional stop-motion and integrate them onto a live action background where the viewer would not be able to differentiate between the computer generated animation and the stop-motion sequence.