Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Replicating Creature Stop-motion in Maya

6. The Stop-Motion Animation Process

6.1. Information about the model and rig of the dinosaur

         Since I was focusing more on animation as the end product for my project, I didn’t want to dwell on modeling the character as there was lack of time. Instead I scoured the web for a decent dinosaur rig and came across one on the site Creative Crash (also known as High-end 3D). To my luck the rig was free and it was that of a dinosaur known as an Albertosaurus which shared certain anatomical features similar to a Tyrannosaurus Rex . The rig was constructed by Harry Gladwin-Geoghegan and the model created by Timur Mehmat. The model contained decent normal, specular and diffuse maps for the body and eyes while the rig contained the following:
- Proxy/Low Res/High Res switch
- FK overrides on the Auto Toe Flop
- FK and Automatic Tail Rigs
- Nostril Flares/Blinks


Control set-ups for the rig.